- Finely chop the ginger in a spice grinder then halve and deseed the vanilla pods.
- Place all the ingredients into a large heavy based saucepan and simmer over a very low heat for 20 minutes until it has thickened slightly.
- Pour the liquid into the ice cream maker through a fine sieve, making sure to squeeze out all the excess ice cream batter.
- Set the timer for 60-90 minutes and begin to churn.
- For a harder ice cream place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with sprinklings of chocolate or garnish as desired.
Written for Cuisinart