Olive’s Carrot and Olive Oil Cake with Honey Icing
- 250g self-raising flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 300ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 350g grated carrots
For the icing
- Tub of cream cheese
- Good squeeze of runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease two 23cm round cake tins.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and sugar. Add the oil and eggs. Mix until blended, then stir in the carrots. Divide the cake mixture evenly between the two prepared tins.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven. A skewer inserted into the cake should come out clean. Cool cakes on wire racks before removing from tins.
- To make the icing: In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and honey. Use to fill and ice the cooled cake layers and decorate as you wish.